We are TOPS “Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp.” a private company in the Philippines, (Unit 401 Metrostar Bldg, 1007 Metropolitan Ave, Makati, 1205 Metro Manila, Philippines).
Top Ophthalmic Products & Services Corp. was established in 2004 and became the exclusive distributor of Topcon Healthcare (Japan) and Quantel Medical (France) products in the Philippines.
Having more than 16 years of experience in marketing and distributing ophthalmic equipment in the eye care industry, TOPS is now reputed as one of the best when it comes to providing its clients with innovative and quality products that are backed up with reliable after-sales support that ensure full client satisfaction.
We are always committed to our clients and have the financial stability that can support long term partnership.
We believe in maintaining good relationships with our clients, because the company always values respect and professionalism, for TOPS it has never been about being the biggest, it has always been about being the best in the eye care field.
1.1. “Controller” means an entity that determines the purposes and means of the Processing of Personal Data.
1.2. “Customer” means a person or entity that is registered with Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. to use the Services.
1.3. “Data Protection Laws” means all data protection and privacy laws and regulations of the EU, EEA and their member states, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, applicable to the Processing of Personal Data.
1.4. “GDPR” means the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation).
1.5. “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1.6. “Processing” means any operation or set of operations which is performed upon Personal Data, whether or not by automatic means, such as collection, recording, organization, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, blocking, erasure or destruction. “Process”, “Processes” and “Processed” shall be interpreted accordingly.
1.7. “Processor” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency, or any other body which Processes Personal Data on behalf of the Controller.
1.8. “Services” means any product or service provided by Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. pursuant to Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp.’s Terms of Service (“TOS”).
1.9. “Subscriber” means a person Customer contacts through our Services.
1.10. “We”, “us”, and “our” refer to the Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp..
1.11. “You,” “your,” and “yours” refer to the user.
3. What information we Process
Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. collects both “Personal Data” and “Non-Personal Data” about you and will Process this data for the duration of the Services, as described in the TOS:
3.1. Personal Data:
- Customer information: identification and contact data (name, contact details, username); organization information (name, address, geographic location, area of responsibility), IP addresses.
- Subscribers information: identification and contact data (name, date of birth, gender, occupation or other demographic information, address, title, contact details, including email address), personal interests or preferences (including purchase history, marketing preferences and publicly available social media profile information); IT information (IP addresses, usage data, cookies data, online navigation data, location data, browser data).
At any time, you may log in and change this information, or remove it. You may decline to provide Personal Data to the Services, however, some of the Personal Data we ask you to provide, for example, email address, is mandatory for a Service. If you decline to provide it, we may not be able to provide that service to you.
3.2. Non-Personal Data:
- Browser and device information: location, device type, model, number, type of browser or operating system, the time and date of access, browsing activity, screen resolution, plug-ins, add-ons and the version of the Services you are using, and other information that does not personally identify you.
- Information from your use of the Services and information from other sources: we may receive information about how and when you use the Services, store it in log files or other types of files associated with your account and link it to other information we collect about you. Also, we may obtain information about you or your Subscribers from third party sources, such as public databases, social media platforms, third-party data providers and our joint marketing partners. This information may include, for example, time, date, browser used, demographic information, device information (such as device type, model, number, type of browser or operating system, IP addresses), location and online behavioral data (such as information about your use of social media websites, page view information and search results and links), actions you have taken, anonymous usage data, referring/exit pages and URLs, preferences you submit and preferences that are generated based on the data you submit and number of clicks.
4. Purposes of Processing
4.1. Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. uses collected information for the operation of the Services, to maintain the quality of the Service, to provide general statistics regarding use of the Service, to promote and analyze the Services, to provide customer support and send information about the Services, to protect the rights and safety of Customers, Subscribers, third-parties and our own, to send customised informational or promotional content and provide suggestions according to marketing preferences, to ensure observance of our TOS and meet the legal requirements, to verify identity and provided information, to understand demographics, Customer interests and needs, and other trends among users, and for other business purposes.
5. How we collect your information
5.1. Data provided by our Customers: Customers may import into the Services Personal Data they have collected from their Subscribers or other individuals. We have no direct relationship with Customers’ Subscribers or any individuals other than our Customers. Our Processing of Personal Data is based on the data subject freely given consent and Customers are responsible for making sure they have the necessary permissions for us to Process Personal Data about Subscribers or other individuals.
5.2. Tracking technologies: in connection with the performance of the Services, Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. uses:
- Web beacons: we include single-pixel gifs (web beacons) in emails we send, which allow us to collect information about when you open the email and your IP address, your browser or email client type, and other similar details. We use the data from those web beacons to create reports about how your email campaign performed and what actions your Subscribers took, to capture the time spent on the Services, pages visited and email campaign performance.
- Unique identifiers and similar tracking technologies: we may use other tracking technologies to administer the Services, track your movements around the Services, analyze trends, track behavior, serve targeted advertisements and gather demographic information, to measure the performance of our email campaigns and to improve our features for specific segments of Customers.
5.3. Log Data monitoring: we may collect log data whenever you access our tool. This data could include things like an IP address, browser type and version, the pages you visit on Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. and other user statistics. When you access Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. with a mobile device, log data may include the type of device, your mobile unique ID, the IP address of your device, mobile operating system and other mobile statistics.
5.5. Based on the requirements of California Online Privacy Protection Act, Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. declares that it does not correspond to Do Not Track browser signals.
6. Transferring to third-party companies
6.2. We may disclose Non-Personal Data for any purpose because this information cannot be used to identify you or another person.
7. Email communications & opting out
7.1. From time to time you may receive from us emails related to your use of Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp.. Based on the Personal Data that you provide us, we may communicate with you in response to your inquiries to provide the Services you request and to manage your account. We may also use your Personal Data to send you updates and other promotional communications. Every email will contain a link to be able to opt-out of receiving it. We may still send important messages regarding administrative matters, updates, disputes, and customer service issues that are required to provide the Services.
7.2. If a Subscriber no longer wants to be contacted by one of our Customers, he can unsubscribe directly from that Customers’ newsletter or contact the Customer directly to update or delete the data. If a Subscriber contacts us, we will refer him to that Customer. We will retain personal information we Process on behalf of our Customers only for as long as needed to provide our Services or to comply with our obligations.
8. Safety of your information
8.1. Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. takes reasonable precautions, technical and organizational security measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk, follows industry best practices in order to protect your Personal Data from any unauthorized or unlawful breach of security that leads to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of or access to Personal Data and to preserve the security and confidentiality of the data. However, these measures do not guarantee that your information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such precautions. By using our Service, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
8.2. The customer is responsible for reviewing the information made available by Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. relating to its data security and making an independent determination as to whether the Services meet Customer’s requirements and legal obligations under Data Protection Laws. Also, Customer is responsible for its secure use of the Services, including securing its account authentication credentials, protecting the security of Personal Data when in transit to and from the Services and taking any appropriate steps to securely encrypt or backup any Personal Data uploaded to the Services.
9. Protecting Subscriber’s lists and data
9.1. We reserve the right to monitor your lists, content and response data from time to time to make sure they comply with our TOS, we will never share, sell or rent your customer data to anyone for any reason.
9.2. Our data storage centres are in European Union and have information storage security certificates (ISO 27001) as well as a certificate of IT service management (ISO 20000) so you can rest assured that your Subscribers data is safe with us.
10. Links to other websites
11. Data Processing Agreement
We created our Data Processing Agreement to cover the GDPR requirements as they relate to email marketing and we encourage all our Customers to review it and sign.
12. Age of consent
By using the Service, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
13. California Consumer Privacy Act
13.1. According to The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) residents of California, United States have specific rights regarding their Personal Data. California consumers have the right to 1) request that businesses disclose information about their collection and use of Personal Data over the past year; 2) ask such businesses to delete Personal Data; 3) opt-out of the sale of their Personal Data.
13.2. Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. in terms of CCPA acts as a service provider and we process Personal Data on our Clients behalf. Please direct any requests for access or deletion of your Personal Data to our Clients with whom you have a direct relationship.
14. Merger or acquisition
15. Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. as a Controller
Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. acts as a Controller of Personal Data of its employees, contractors, candidates, affiliates and other third parties that are not considered as a Customer. Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp. undertakes to comply with legal requirements when processing Personal Data as a Controller and implements appropriate technical and organizational measures to ensure a level of security of Personal Data as required under GDPR and applicable Data Protection Laws.
17. Contacting Top Ophthalmic Products and Services Corp.
- would like to request access to information we hold about you (we will give it to you within 30 days of any request for that information), correct, modify, delete or update Personal Data that you have provided to us, or
Please contact us any time via email: [email protected]